Monday, July 25, 2011

Card gift box

This is the first time I'm making anything like this and it wasn't too difficult!! I did all of it over the course of an afternoon/evening.

It was for the current www.stamptv.com Friday challenge where we had to CASE another design member's cards/projects. And this time around we looked at Carolina's!

Here's MY gift cards and drawer box set:


And this is what hers looked like (so beautiful!!):

Now for the what and where:
All the Barn Red cardstock is Bazzil.

To make the drawer box, I followed the same instructions as Carolina and you can see it here (there's also a video!): http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/drawerbox/

The flower I made by following instructions I saw in a CARDS magazine issue (JULY 2011). I used some of the Bazzil Barn Red cardstock for the bottom base circle. I then cut out 8 circles (SAME size as base!) from double-sided dp (7-Gypsies). You can only do one layer for which you will cut out only 4 circles but I wanted some height on mine. You can of course decide how big or small you want your flower to be depending on the size of the circles.
Fold each circle in half. Then half again. Use sticky dots/double-sided tape to tape this second fold down on the bottom fold.
Glue each quarter on top of the base to cover it. Since I made a double layer, I glued the next layer on top of the first, overlapping where the first quarters' ends met.
Use your fingers to gently fold up the open ends.
Stick a flower or any other embellishment of choice in the middle.  You can even glue a circle with a sentiment in the middle.

Close-up!

I made 6 cards: 3 x Happy Birthday, 2 x Get better soon and 1 x Praying for you.  These sentiments were from Fanciful Tags. The flower bunch from Enjoy the Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...