Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Faith Bouquet

This card was made for the March 2012 Card Swap over at www.stamptv.com.
I stamped the flowers three times. Once straight up, and then on both sides with the middle (stalks) overlapping. I used my paper piercer to make two little holes on either side of the stalk bundle and then threaded twine through and made a bow.
The flowers were also stamped by first putting Crushed Olive ink on the stalks, I would then rub away any green on the flowers part with my fingers. I then colored the flowers in with a Memento Marker straight onto the stamp before stamping. What I like is that there is some residual green left over that blends with the pink creating a lovely shaded effect.
The sentiment was stamped vertically and the edges of the panel was shaded with Antique Linen.
I don't have a corner punch that punches an inverted half-moon shape but I do have a large hole punch. I just punch half a hole out of the corners :D
The little pearls were glued by hand.

Stamps used:
Faithful Flowers (GinaK Designs)

Materials used:
GinaK pure luxury 80lb cardstock
The Twinery twine (Lemon drop)
Memento Marker (pink)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Crushed Olive)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen)
Fabscraps pearls
Tim Holtz Distress paper (green back panel)

Tools used:
Tonic paper trimmer
Hole punch (Darice)
Paper piercer
Scor-Pal

1 comment:

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...