Friday, January 24, 2014

Use, re-use and recyle

The other day I made a die-cut card where I used the negative of a butterfly cut and added smaller butterflies over it. I used the wonderful sketch from Clean & Simple #274. I really like how the card came out and it seemed to have been quite popular so I decided to make the ladies birthday cards for February (at church) with the same layout. I realised that I'm going to be sitting with a lot of off-cut butterflies so decided to use the off-cuts on another card (for the anniversaries). And here's how it came out:

1.  The original negative and positive die-cut butterflies
Sentiment from Unity's "Everything Wonderful"
All papers were from the same paperpack, Prima "Meadow Lark". Doing this technique works best with co-ordinated papers.

2.  Using the "off-cut" butterflies:
Sentiment: GinaK Designs "All Occasion Tags"

But that's not all.... You noticed that I die-cut smaller butterflies in the first card. What happened to the negative?   You'll have to wait and see in a future post what I did with those :D


14 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love both of these Riette but the second card with just the die-cut butterflies is CAS beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful way of using the butterfly diecuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't these just lovely…love the use and reuse idea, your cards turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I love both your cards, I think the bottom one is my favorite, Hope you have a great weekend, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sjoe! Hierdie twee kaartjies is pragtig!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love how you used the innies and the outies!! Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the negatives the colors really pop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!! Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever. Both cards are so very striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! How clever to use both the positive and negative of the diecuts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...