Sunday, August 31, 2014

DS4J release BOX KITE

My Dad loved things that flew, especially airplanes and kites. He built a few kites by hand when I was young and I vaguely remember him trying a box kite. They can be quite tricky though!  So when I was thinking of flying things, this popped up almost immediately:
I used the WEEK 2 sketch from VIVA la VERVE sketches for August which I rotated left 90degrees.
Below is another close-up showing how I paper-pieced and popped up the top part of the front of each box on the sides.
Sentiment: Unity Stamp Co Birthday Chic
Clouds die:  JOY! crafts by Noor design

Visit the DS4J blog for more inspiration by the DT!

This and my other images will be available in the DS4J SHOP

xxx
Riette

2 comments:

  1. How much fun is this card. Lots of great memories making and flying kites. Great card. - Jim

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...