Sunday, November 2, 2014

DS4J release Beach Umbrella

My new image, Beach Umbrella, is being released today and I had in mind all the other great nautical images in the DS4J shop when I drew it.  And then when I had to make something with it, I thought, how about making one HUGE merged image with some of my favourite beach and ocean images? But I couldn't fit it all onto one card!  What to do? Make a 'magnetic scene' with it!

(Click to enlarge)

I printed all my selected images (links below) out onto a printable magnet sheet. They are not very thick and the magnet is not very strong, but it does stick where it touches the metal backing directly. I put it on an old scrubbed baking sheet.  This is what the packaging looks like:
I just added some torn strips of kraft-core paper and glued some off-cuts of the magnet sheets to the backs. You can still slide the images in-between the layers as well.

I could easily add another dozen images to this, like Jen's swimming costume girls, or my box kite! Who knows I might add some more for fun :D

Images used:
Coconut tree from set "Aloha"
Turtle, sand castle, bucket and beach ball from "Fun in the Sun"
Beach umbrella (NEW)
Sail boat
Beach hut
Lighthouse

They were all coloured with SPECTRUM NOIR and the slightly smooth surface worked extremely well with blending and staying in the lines. (Printed with laser printer).

Check out the DS4J BLOG for more inspiration and more releases today!
xxx
Riette

SHARING WITH:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-9/

2 comments:

  1. What a cool project! I love your beach scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT coloring! And how cool is the magnetic feature that you did! VERY inventive! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...